Staff in scope include:
- airside office workers,
- airline and other operational staff who go airside,
- including passenger staff,
- cargo staff,
- engineering and maintenance staff,
- loaders, refuellers etc.
- Also, all commercial staff who work in the SRA including shop, catering, and service staff in departure and arrivals areas, and the staff who maintain the shops and facilities.
The following groups personnel are exempt from General Security Awareness Training if they have already received equivalent directed security training:
- Ground Security Staff and Supervisors
- Aviation Security Managers and Instructors
- Aircrew and Aircrew Instructors
- In-Flight Caterers (who have attended catering security training)
- Cargo Operatives who have received Cargo Aviation Security Principles (CASP) Training