Tachodisc Distribution UK Ltd T/A Training Team
What is the purpose of this Notice?
This Privacy Notice is intended to provide you with information about how and why we process your personal information. It is also intended to provide you with other information which is required under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR contains the key laws relating to data protection.
Tachodisc Distribution UK Ltd T/A Training Team (“The Company”) is a “data controller”. This means that we collect and use personal information for specified purposes which this Privacy Notice has been designed to tell you about.
We regard the lawful and correct treatment of personal information as very important to our successful operation and to maintaining confidence between us and those with whom we carry out business. It is important to us, and a legal requirement, that we are transparent about how we process your personal information.
Compliance with the data protection principles
We will comply with the data protection principles by ensuring that information is:-
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not processed further in a way which is incompatible with those purposes.
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purpose for which they are processed.
- Not kept longer than necessary for the purpose.
What information do we collect?
The personal information that we collect and hold about you is entered by you (the candidate) or your ‘sponsor’ (company training account administrator) online. The personal information includes your full name, email address, contact address and telephone number. We do not process any sensitive information about you (known as “special category” data under the GDPR).
What is the purpose of us collecting your personal information?
The purposes for which the we will collect your personal information include:-
- to administer and communicate with you about the training programmes you are enrolled on.
- to provide you with the required certificate(s) on completion of a training programme.
- to send you updates about courses which are likely to be relevant to you.
Why is it lawful to for us to process your personal information?
The information that we process about you is done so for our legitimate business interest in delivering our training programmes. Our legitimate business interest also includes operating our business in a customer-focused, efficient and sustainable manner, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We only process your information as far as is necessary to meet our legitimate aims. We believe that there is a legitimate interest in:-
- sending your ‘sponsor’ a certificate renewal reminder a month before your certificate is due to expire; and
- sending your ‘sponsor’ or our business contacts occasional e-newsletters containing information about any updates and amendments to our online training modules which are undertaken to comply with changes in legislation. However, we will ensure that the newsletter has an ‘unsubscribe’ link so you can unsubscribe from receiving the newsletter should you wish to do so.
How long will we hold your personal information for?
We will retain your information as long as is necessary for the purposes described within this Privacy Notice. Your information will be kept for up to 7 years on our main systems after which time it will be archived or deleted. Any retention of personal data will be done in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and with industry standards. These data retention periods are subject to change without further notice as a result of changes to associated law or regulations. If you have any questions in relation to the retention of your personal data, please contact our Compliance Officer.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation you have a number of rights. You have the right to:-
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party.
Contact us or make a complaint
If you would like to discuss any aspect of this Privacy Notice or if you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with the Compliance Officer who can be contacted as follows:-
- By email: sales@ gsattraining.net
- By post: Training Team, Hermes House, St John’s Rd, Tunbridge Wells TN4 9UZ
We would first welcome the opportunity to resolve any concerns you may have; however, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office directly at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ should you wish to do so.